We believe phones should not track you nor exploit your digital life. We are in the middle of a digital rights revolution where you get to decide the future. We at Purism are building a phone that does not run Android nor iOS, but runs PureOS or any GNU/Linux distribution where all the source code is available.
Our phone will not wholesale gather your data for profit. It will not lock you into an ecosystem that controls you. It will not require you to enter banking details to simply get an app from an app store.
Our phone will be built to protect you by default. It will never exploit you for profit. It will be a phone for the people, by the people.
We know how to build products that are convenient, privacy and security focused. Our phone will give you peace of mind knowing it does not track you.
- Does not run Google Android
- Does not run Apple iOS
- Runs PureOS by default, can run most GNU+Linux distributions
- World’s first ever IP-native mobile handset
- End-to-end encrypted decentralized communications via Matrix
- 5″ screen
- Security focused by design
- Privacy protection by default
- Works with 2G/3G/4G, GSM, UMTS, and LTE networks
- CPU separate from Baseband
- Hardware Kill Switches for Camera, Microphone, WiFi/Bluetooth, and Baseband